The figures are based on notice of violation letters sent by the Recording Industry Association of America. The figures were based during the time period of September 2006 to mid-February 2007.
According to the Christian Science Monitor, here are the top ten schools that illegally download music from the Internet:
1. Ohio University
2. Purdue University
3. University of Nebraska, Lincoln
4. University of Tennessee, Knoxville
5. University of South Carolina
6. University of Massachusetts at Amherst
7. Michigan State University
8. Howard University
9. North Carolina State University
10. University of Wisconsin, Madison
For more on this issue, please visit our Music Piracy page.