Human Trafficking Arrests by US ICE Agents in 2012

The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrested over 950 people for human trafficking crimes in 2012. The agency also rescued around 300 human trafficking victims and assisted in over 380 successful convictions of human traffickers. Back in 2010, the agency assisted in 144 human trafficking convictions. Source:  AFP, “US seeking to stamp out ‘evil’… Continue reading Human Trafficking Arrests by US ICE Agents in 2012

Human Trafficking Rescues in Brazil

The Labor Ministry in Brazil reported that 2,849 victims of human trafficking were rescued within the country in 2012. The highest number of victims were rescued in the state of Para, where 563 people were rescued. 150 of those in Para were labor trafficking victims working for an iron producer. (Additional human trafficking facts.) Source: … Continue reading Human Trafficking Rescues in Brazil

Human Trafficking Victims Rescued in Argentina Between 2008 to 2012

According to the Office of Rescue and Support of Victims of Trafficking, 4,602 victims of human trafficking were rescued by the criminal justice system in Argentina between 2008 and April 2013. 1,568 victims were rescued in 2012, with 48 percent of the victims being sexually exploited. 54 percent of the victims were originally from foreign… Continue reading Human Trafficking Victims Rescued in Argentina Between 2008 to 2012

Trafficking Victims in Japan in 2012

The National Police Agency reported that 27 human trafficking victims were found in the country in 2012. The number of victims found increased by 2 from 2011. 11 of the trafficking victims were women from Japan, up from the 4 Japanese women rescued in 2011. A total of 44 cases was detected by police across… Continue reading Trafficking Victims in Japan in 2012

Trafficking Victims Rescued in Latvia in 2012

In 2012, anti-trafficking groups in Latvia rescued 30 human trafficking victims across the country. 25 victims were women and 5 were men, according to statistics. 16 of the trafficking victims were involved in forced marriages, 7 were victims of forced labor, and 7 were victims of sexual exploitations. (Prices of human traffickers.) Source:  “30 trafficking… Continue reading Trafficking Victims Rescued in Latvia in 2012

Price of a Baby Boy sold in China in 2012

Police in China stated that the head of the village family planning committee in a county in Fujian province was arrested for participating in a baby trafficking ring. The women helped sell 4 babies, included a baby boy who was sold for $8,450 (£5,200). The human traffickers sold the baby boy to  a woman who… Continue reading Price of a Baby Boy sold in China in 2012

Human Trafficking in Dubai in 2012

Criminal justice programs in Dubai reported that it investigated 24 cases of human trafficking within the emirate in 2012. In 2011, police also investigated 24 cases, and in 2010 investigated 35 cases. 58 percent of the victims in 2012 were trafficked to Dubai from developing countries, according to police. Between 2008 to 2012, women from… Continue reading Human Trafficking in Dubai in 2012

Human Trafficking in Myanmar Between 2007 and 2012

In 2007, the Government of Myanmar established a task force dedicated to combating human trafficking within its border. Between 2007 and 2012, the task force has reportedly rescued over 1,700 victims of human trafficking. 80 percent of the human trafficking victims in Myanmar end up being trafficked to China. The remaining 20 percent are trafficked… Continue reading Human Trafficking in Myanmar Between 2007 and 2012

Labor Trafficking of Migrants in San Diego, California

According to a report by the National Institute of Justice and San Diego State University, up to 38,458 Spanish-speaking migrant workers in San Diego, California are victims of human labor and human trafficking. The number of victims makes up 31 percent of the unauthorized Spanish speaking migrants in San Diego County.